Hey ghouls how you doin *wink
So since ive recently started living alone ive decided to start making my own food ( i know it will turn bad fast lol ) But there is no harm in trying new things so ive selected 5 recipes that ille try in the week for dinner, kinda like a five day cooking challenge.
So here are the recipes :
1 .10 Minute Chicken and noodles
Cooking Time: 10 min
- 1 small can chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups vegetable combination (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower)
- 2 cups uncooked noodles
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In medium skillet mix broth, basil, pepper and vegetables. Over medium-high heat, heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in uncooked noodles. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes or until the noodles are cooked. Add chicken and heat through.
2.Creamy Chicken and mushroom skillet
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms (I used cremini but any will do)
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1½ cups white wine or chicken broth (I used wine…of course!)
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 2 teaspoons dry)
- ½ cup Asiago cheese (or other hard cheese like Parmesean)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup cream
- In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil on medium high heat.
- Dredge chicken in seasoned flour and cook in butter/olive oil mixture until golden brown. About 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium add mushrooms and garlic to pan. Saute for a few minutes until mushrooms are slightly limp.
- Add white wine and thyme – scraping up all the bits in the bottom of the pan.
- Add chicken back to pan and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan (yes, one more time!).
- Add cream, asiago, dijon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken back to pan to reheat and serve!
3. One pot wonder with sausage and veggies
- 1 lb baby red potatoes, cut in half or quartered
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 14 oz Italian chicken sausage, sliced 1-inch thick
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, smashed with the side of the knife
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced 1-inch squares
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced 1-inch squares
- 1 red bell pepper, diced 1-inch squares
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary (or other fresh herb such as thyme)
- 2 cups zucchini, 1/2 inch thick and quartered
Place oil and potatoes in a large, deep non-stick skillet with a tight fitting lid on high heat; season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. When the skillet gets hot and starts to sizzle, reduce heat to low and cook with a tight lid on for about 20-25 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent the potatoes from burning. Remove from heat and let them sit 5 minutes without removing the lid. Set potatoes aside on a dish.
Add the sausage to the skillet and saute on medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally until browned but not quite cooked through, about 10 minutes. Season chopped vegetables with salt and pepper. Add onions, peppers, garlic and rosemary to the skillet and mix. Continue cooking stirring occasionally until onions and peppers become slightly browned. Add zucchini and cook an additional 5 minutes, mixing as it cooks until cooked through.
Return the potatoes back to the skillet and mix well. Adjust salt and pepper as needed; cover and cook 5 more minutes.
Makes about 7 1/2 cups.
- Non stick frying pan
- Wooden non stick spatula
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 medium green chili, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, grated
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- grated cheese (optional)
- Heat the oil in the pan and sautee the onion, chilli, ginger, bell pepper and garlic until onion is glassy.
- Add turmeric and saute for additional minute.
- Add the other spices and cook for a few minutes, stirring often
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Beat the eggs lightly and add milk and salt to taste.
- Now add the spiced veggies to the eggs.
- Add the mixture back to the pan.
- Sprinkle some lime juice while cooking
- Cook for a few minutes and then flip over then sprinkle some lime juice.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle some more chilli powder and grated cheese (optional)
Till next time..